VICE PRESIDENT of OPERATIONS
Based in Toronto, as the Vice President of Operations, you act as the keeper of canfitpro culture. The Vice President of Operations is responsible for the overall performance and to provide leadership, operational expertise and strategic direction to the organization and all operational and sales teams, while ensuring financial success.
What is Vice President of Operations??
• Implement and provide direction on strategies that allow canfitpro to work toward achieving our Purpose while respecting and staying on course to our Strategic Focuses
• Lead weekly Operations meetings including assigning action items and following up on issues
• Manage excellent relationships with the Senior Leaders in the company, including Mo & Patch
• Maintain excellent internal communication with all company to ensure canfitpro’s Strategic Focuses are always top of mind
• Provide leadership to 9 direct reports in varying departments, Human Resources, Communications & Media, Finance & Accounting, Information Technologies, Sales, Events Experience, Certification and Member Experience Teams including performance management, and resource allocation
• Drive the overall service and sales vision of the company through Department systems and objectives
• Maintain a top-line perspective and provide direction on all issues/challenges
• Understand and manage the impact of decisions and project them onto the future
• Set stretching goals for all direct reports and Teams
• Responsibility for proactively managing and maintaining strong and effective working relationships by liaising and communicating with all operational teams, applicable regulatory bodies and provincial partners
• Creating, directing and supporting efforts by leveraging innovative ideas, technology and resources to maximize revenue
• Responsible for the recruitment, negotiation, management and dismissal of any Direct Reports
• Provide key support/focus and be held accountable for the work done by their Direct Reports
• Maintaining an ongoing awareness of competitors, ensuring the company is a competitive player in the marketplace
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
• University Degree or Post-Secondary education in Business Management
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Excellent strategic leadership skills with proven sales success
• Ability to lead and inspire others while clearly setting direction
• Excellent time management, planning and organizational skills.
• Superior influencing and coaching skills, driving overall service and sales vision.
• Ability to mentor, problem solve, manage change and consistently act as a role model.
• Ability to fully understand and embrace company culture.
• Ability to apply Managerial Courage to all situations.
• Consistently handle Member and Associate concerns with professionalism
• Excellent ability to assemble talented, strong people
• Broad understanding and management of the impact of decisions
• Five+ years proven success in a senior management role
• Proven ability to develop and lead teams to exceed internal and external expectations through timely, effective, service and sales oriented communication
• Success in exceeding individual and Team goals
• Establish and maintain professional working relationships with all levels of the organization
• Evening and weekend work required
• Required to work from home as well as office
• Overtime can be expected
• Variety of standing or sitting for five to eight hours continuously
• Travel may be required on weekends and evenings
• Lead and Influence canfitpro’s growth in fitness industry both in Canada and globally
• FREE Fitness membership and discounted membership for friends and family
• Group benefits plan designed to meet employees’ basic and life-changing benefits needs
• Fun and energetic atmosphere to come to every day!
WHY WORK FOR CANFITPRO?
canfitpro is the largest provider of education in the Canadian fitness industry. Founded in 1993, canfitpro delivers accessible, quality education, certifications, conferences, trade shows, and membership services. canfitpro’s over 25,000 members include some of the world’s finest fitness professionals, health club operators, industry suppliers, and fitness consumers.